1/2 bunch coriander, chopped in half
2 slices of day old bread
500 grams chicken meat (thigh or breast), cut into 3cm chunks, frozen for 2 hours
1 teaspoon cumin powder
1 teaspoon coriander powder
2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce (optional)
12 Asparagus spears from a tin (or if using fresh, blanch until they are nearly soft)
3 sheets puff pastry
1 egg, lightly beaten
sesame seeds for sprinkling on top
sweet chilli sauce for serving
1. Preheat oven to 200C. Get puff pastry out of freezer as it will be easier to work with later.
2. Put coriander and bread into TM bowl and chop 15 sec / speed 5-6. This will make your bread crumbs. If they are still too chunky, blitz in 3 sec intervals until it looks ok. Put aside in a large bowl.
3. Place 1/2 the chicken in the TM bowl and mince 10sec / speed 7. Place in bowl with bread crumbs and coriander. Repeat with remaining chicken.
4. Add cumin, coriander and sweet chilli sauce to chicken in bowl. Mix all together with a spoon or your hand.
5. Place 1 sheet of the puff pastry onto a clean surface. Cut in half. Divide the chicken mince into 6 portions. Use 1 portion and spread in a long sausage shape down the middle of half the pastry sheet. Put 2 asparagus spears along the mince. Fold the pastry over the mince and seal tightly. Cut into 6 portions (or 4) and put on a baking tray. Brush with egg and sprinkle over sesame seeds. Repeat with remaining pastry and chicken mix.
6. Place trays in oven and bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown and chicken is cooked inside. Serve with sweet chilli sauce.
Makes 36 bite sized sausage rolls.
Bon appetit xx
Tips: This can easily be made with store bought chicken mince. If you don't have a Thermomix, use a stick mixer or food processor to make the crumb mix and proceed from there. Also, these rolls are suitable to freeze either uncooked or cooked. If uncooked, then complete up to step 5 but leave the egg wash and sesame seeds until you are ready to cook straight from the freezer.